Ruaridh is in the process of writing a book on the History of Ormiston Highlands and it will also have lots of funny stories about people and places associated with Highland Ponies and Cattle and will include:
Visit our image gallery to see historic pictures of our horses, ponies and cattle.
- The history of the Stud back to the Gaick and Glentromie days and old Edward Ormiston and his ponies from the early 1800's, including pictures where appropriate.
- The history of Ewan Ormiston and the venison days before and during the last war.
- The use of ponies by the deer shooting estates and The Lovat Scouts.
- The start of pony trekking in Newtonmore from 1952 by Ewan.
- The export of Croila Ponies all over the world.
- The story of the Strathmashie Fold of Highland Cattle.
- The involvement in the Film Industry from the 1950s till today.
Please drop Ruaridh an e-mail at email@example.com or you can also call Newtonmore Riding Centre on 01540 670000 (or + 44 1540 670000 for international callers).